Are you experiencing dental pain? If you have a cracked tooth, missing teeth, or are feeling dental pain in general, it might be best to head to your nearest dentist for prompt care. Splendid Dental Atascocita has emergency dental services for that reason, and we will happily accommodate you on the same day you require help. So don’t worry. You can feel better again soon.
What Are Dental Emergencies?
Most people experience dental pain at times, which is common. However, not all of these problems constitute an emergency. Some minor issues can be treated in a more relaxed time frame that is not a rush or an inconvenience to you. To determine if your dental problem can wait, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you in severe pain?
- Are you bleeding from the mouth?
- Did you lose a tooth?
- Do you have loose teeth?
- Does your mouth have an abscess?
- Are your gums swollen?
All of these are signs that you may need emergency dental services. If you are an adult, you should never have loose teeth. If your gums have knots or are swelling, you may have an infection. This could be life-threatening if not treated quickly.
If you experience any of the signs above, you should head to a dental hospital right away. You can call your dentist and ask for advice by first describing your symptoms. If they are not available, go directly to an emergency dentist or head to the Emergency Room.
What Problems Don’t Need Emergency Dental Services?
How do you know when you do not need emergency dental services? If you do not experience any of the symptoms mentioned above, then things can wait. In some cases, dental problems look critical, but it is possible to take care of them at home.
An example of this is when you have a chipped or cracked tooth. The fracture can be quite painful, which usually happens when fragments remain in your mouth. If you have a chipped tooth, you can visit the dentist at any time in the future. It is not a priority situation.
When accidents happen, you can minimize any discomfort and may even save your tooth with the following tips:
- For a severe toothache, see an emergency dentist as soon as possible.
- If you have a cracked, chipped or broken tooth, rinse your mouth with warm water and apply a cold compress.
- In the case of a broken or chipped tooth, bring the recovered parts to the dentist in a wet towel or wet gauze.
- If you have knocked out your tooth, hold it using a clean washcloth, and then gently insert it back into its socket as quickly as possible.
- If you cannot reinsert your tooth, hold it under your tongue and head immediately to the dentist.
- Apply a cold compress or ice to your face if you have a broken jaw.
- Place a cold compress to the part of your lip or tongue that’s swollen.
Contact Splendid Dental Atascocita Now for Dental Emergencies
We understand that accidents happen. If you know what to do, you can reduce the pain and avoid losing a tooth. The main point to remember is to remain calm. If you panic, you may make a mistake that could cost you lots of time and money in the future.
Of course, you should still go to your Splendid Dental Atascocita dentist for emergency dental services whenever you find yourself in a high priority dental situation. If you have any questions about emergency dental services, reach out to Lovett Splendid Atascocita now by either calling 713-244-7790 or completing our convenient online form.