It’s not uncommon for children to have teeth that grow through gum in the wrong direction or jaw alignment abnormalities. The question is, do you need to fix it? Braces for kids can be very effective tools at shifting teeth into the right position, but the process takes time and does have a significant monetary investment. However, there are numerous options available, including tray aligners and traditional braces. The benefits your child sees may be well worth the investment. At Splendid Dental Atascocita, we can help you make the right decision for your child when it comes to orthodontics and other dental services.
Why Are Dental Braces for Kids a Good Option?
There are several types of braces available. Traditional and ceramic braces are those that are affixed to the surface of the teeth. They work to push the teeth into proper position with a series of tightening procedures. Dental aligners are trays that are fitted into the mouth that apply gentle pressure to move the teeth into their proper position. Both options can help to gradually improve the alignment of the teeth. Why is this important? Consider these benefits:
- Prevent gum disease and tooth decay. When teeth do not align properly, they cannot be cleaned properly. That creates a build-up of plaque and debris that leads to early tooth decay as well as gum disease. Sometimes, this worsens so much so that the child can lose his or her teeth as a result.
- Improve digestion with better chewing. Some types of misalignments create significant complications for proper chewing and biting. This may cause some children to stop eating some types of food. It may also lead to poor nutrition intake because the body cannot digest food properly.
- Improved speech and communication. If the alignment of the teeth is significantly out of placement, this can create a number of complications for communication. Pronouncing words can be much more difficult. This can impact learning and social interactions.
Houston Pediatric Orthodontist to the Rescue!
It is much easier to treat misalignment problems, such as over and underbites, crossbites, and midline misplacements in older children and teens than it is during the adult years. Yet, many times, these problems worsen over time. That can impact a person’s self-esteem. Some people may not be willing to engage with others because they do not want people to see their teeth. They may be mocked for them in some cases. This does not have to happen when braces are used to correct the problems early on, improving confidence.
Getting Dental Braces in Atascocita, Texas
For those ready to learn more about dental braces, set up a consultation with our team. We’re happy to discuss the options and determine if braces could benefit your child. Our team does not pressure you into getting them, and we will not make recommendations for them unless they can offer a true benefit to their smile.
During a consultation, we’ll discuss a variety of conditions and treatment options with you. You’ll learn about the costs, risks, and expected results of any procedure as well. We encourage you to get started with us by checking out any of our services:
- Deep teeth cleaning
- X-rays and exams
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Tooth extraction procedures
- Teeth whitening procedures
Reach Out to Splendid Dental Atascocita for a Consultation
Learn more about braces for kids when you set up a consultation at Splendid Dental Atascocita. Our team is friendly and experienced, with ample bracing options to offer to you. All you have to do is set up a time to discuss your options with our team to find out how your child may benefit from braces. Reach out to us now online or call 713-244-7790 for an appointment.